Windsor Court Care Home: Bournemouth: Care Assistant
We require Care Assistants to work in our care home with elderly clients. Full time and Part time positions, including nights and weekends.
TITLE: CARE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: SENIOR IN CHARGE
ACCOUNTABLE TO: MANAGER
Purpose of the Position
- Supporting service users to lead as full a life as possible by promoting the holistic well being of residents in accordance with current legislation including the Care Standards Act
- Recognizing the emotional, physical, medical and social needs of the service user
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist vulnerable residents with all aspects of daily living which they may not be able to do themselves undertaking all duties associated with the key worker;
- To escort and assist residents in and around the home and on occasion on external visits;
- To be alert and responsive to the needs of residents and report any changes in condition of residents to the Manager or Senior in Charge immediately;
- To talk to residents and encourage residents, family and friends to engage with each other ensuring this is recorded appropriately;
- To work as a team and undertake tasks set by the Senior in Charge in accordance with your job description, completing any necessary documentation in a timely manner;
- To comply with all the company’s Policy and Procedures including Safeguarding;
- To be mindful of good health and safety routines, adhering to safe working practices;
- To participate actively in all training, staff meetings and review sessions;
- To carry out any other tasks set by the Senior in Charge or Manager and to undertake any tasks on behalf of residents.
- Work will be on a rota basis, requiring work on some weekends and public holidays.