Robertson Nursing Home: Godalming: Care Assistants (Full or part Time)
We require Care Assistants to work in our care home with elderly clients. Full time and Part time positions, including nights and weekends. Very attractive rates starting from £8 ph.
TITLE: CARE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: SENIOR IN CHARGE
ACCOUNTABLE TO: MANAGER
Purpose of the Position
- Supporting service users to lead as full a life as possible by promoting the holistic well being of residents in accordance with current legislation including the Care Standards Act
- Recognizing the emotional, physical, medical and social needs of the service user
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist vulnerable residents with all aspects of daily living which they may not be able to do themselves undertaking all duties associated with the key worker;
- To escort and assist residents in and around the home and on occasion on external visits;
- To be alert and responsive to the needs of residents and report any changes in condition of residents to the Manager or Senior in Charge immediately;
- To talk to residents and encourage residents, family and friends to engage with each other ensuring this is recorded appropriately;
- To work as a team and undertake tasks set by the Senior in Charge in accordance with your job description, completing any necessary documentation in a timely manner;
- To comply with all the company’s Policy and Procedures including Safeguarding;
- To be mindful of good health and safety routines, adhering to safe working practices;
- To participate actively in all training, staff meetings and review sessions;
- To carry out any other tasks set by the Senior in Charge or Manager and to undertake any tasks on behalf of residents.
- Work will be on a rota basis, requiring work on some weekends and public holidays.